Greetings and welcome from the Miss Siouxland Scholarship Foundation. We invite you to experience the Miss America sysstem in our local program and realize the rewards of the world’s largest scholarship program for young women. Whether you want to become a doctor, dancer, accountant, architect, etc, we offer an opportunity that will help bring you closer to achieving your goals.
The Miss Siouxland Scholarship Foundation (a 501c3 non-profit in the state of South Dakota awards scholarships to individuals on the basis of merit, civic, and social achievement. The mission of our program is to promote scholastic achievement, creative accomplishment, healthy living and community involvement.
This local pageant is a preliminary event that will qualify the titleholder to participate in the Miss South Dakota Scholarship Pageant held in Hot Springs, SD following June. The young lady chosen in Hot Springs moves on to compete in the Miss America Pageant the following September.
We would LOVE to have you involved in our pageant. Young ladies with any level of experience are welcome. We teach what they need to know so every young lady has the tools to be successful and most importantly, enjoy themselves during this experience. We have girls range from veterans to first-timers, so come and join the fun! Click Here to Enter.
Miss Siouxland is open to any female South Dakota resident within the age requirement and will be awarded to the contestant with the highest final score. The title of Miss Siouxland will be given. If there are at least 15 contestants in the Miss category the title of Miss Rolling Plains will be given additionally. If 5 contestants are within the Sioux Falls Metro Area (25 mile radius of Sioux Falls) the eligible contestants will be vying for the Miss Sioux Falls title.
Note: If you are 17 and entering your junior year of High School in the fall, you will only be eligible for the OUTSTANDING TEEN competition.
Rules and Regulations:
- – Be a United States citizen.
- – Meet residency requirements for competing.
- – Meet rules and character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Organization.
- – Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements.
- – Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as set forth by the local program in which you compete.
Must not be eligible to compete in the Outstanding Teen Competition.
- – Women ages 17 to 24 who are at least a senior in high school can participate. You must also be a resident of SD or a student attending school in SD or employed in SD for six months to qualify for participation.
- – Contestants must do their own hair and make-up. Parents, make-up artists, hair stylists, etc. will not be allowed backstage or in the interview waiting rooms. Hostesses will be available to assist the contestants with their clothing, etc. backstage and in the interview waiting rooms
- – Parents will not be allowed to sit in on rehearsals.
As a titleholder please keep in mind that you will represent this local area at the Miss South Dakota pageant and you will be a spokeswomen for your platform, attend various functions, and be a positive voice for the entire state of South Dakota as well as the Miss America Organization. There will be a minimum of five contestants required per title.
Schedule for rehearsals and interview will be set once we know how many contestants we are planning for. If you win our local title you will be REQUIRED to participate in the following:
Pageant Bootcamp Weekend, March 2018
Pre-Pageant Workshop Weekend, May 2018
Miss South Dakota Pageant, June 2018
Miss Siouxland Pageant, July 2018